«In memory of Dr Claudio Carosino a Rural General Practitioner who sadly died in 2010, the Vasco da Gama Movement and EURIPA are offering a prize of 700 Euros for the best completed Hippokrates exchange to a rural practice* in 2010 or 2011.
There are 2 further Hippokrates Exchange Prizes each for 700 Euros for Hippokrates exchanges that have been completed within Europe at either a rural or urban practice in 2010 or 2011.
To be eligible you need to:
1. Be a family doctor trainee or familiy doctor within 5 years of specialisation at the time of the exchange.
2. Have completed a Hippokrates exchange and have been awarded a Certificate of Completion in 2010 or 2011.
3. Have not been awarded funding from any other source to take part in the exchange.
4. Applications must included:
- The completed Hippokrates Exchange Template (Learning Objectives, Educational Programme, Learning Outcomes and Final Report – all signed by the visitor and host).
- Cover letter outlining why you should be considered for the prize (400 words maximum).
- Your curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum).
- A letter of support from your Hippokrates exchange host.
Deadline for applications is 30th November 2011. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed and winners selected by a panel appointed by VdGM, EURIPA & WONCA Europe. Winners will be invited to submit their report for publication in the European Journal of General Practice.»